3Shape TRIOS 4 Wireless
3Shape TRIOS 4 Wireless Dental Intraoral Scanner features dual caries detection. According to a press release from the company, the caries diagnosis aid for surface caries is not yet cleared by the FDA for clinical use in the United States; while the caries diagnostic aid for interproximal detection is not yet available.
The wireless intraoral scanner also includes a new generation of TRIOS smart tips that feature instant-heat technology for optimized scanning. The intraoral scanner that takes treatment to the next level. 3Shape TRIOS 4 is the most powerful 3Shape intraoral scanner to date and the world’s first intraoral scanner that aids the detection of both possible surface and interproximal caries without the need for an additional scanning device.
TRIOS 4 comes with a new generation of tips with instant-heat technology so they are scan-ready in seconds, enabling 30% additional battery life. All TRIOS models feature an open workflow ecosystem and partner-integrations with orthodontic, implant-makers, practice management, and sleep treatment providers, as well as manufacturing options with 3D printers and milling machines.
The 3Shape TRIOS 4 is the latest addition to the family of TRIOS intraoral scanners and offers some great features! It is the first scanner in the world to help diagnose caries. Thanks to the integrated instant heating technology, the TRIOS 4 is ready to scan in seconds which in turn leads to a 30% higher battery life. In addition, the 3Shape TRIOS 4 offers the same features that all TRIOS scanners are famous for – namely accuracy, speed, STL output, and realistic colors.
What is TRIOS 4?
TRIOS 4 Wireless Dental is the most powerful 3Shape intraoral scanner to date and the world’s first intraoral scanner with digital detection of possible surface and interproximal caries without the need for an additional scanning device.
TRIOS 4 comes with a new generation of tips with instant-heat technology so they are scan-ready in seconds, enabling 30% additional battery life. TRIOS 4 includes the well-known 3Shape scan technology with excellent accuracy, insane speed mode, realistic lifelike colors, and shade measurement as well as AI scan technology for simplified scanning.
What’s the difference between Trios 4 and Trios 3?
In terms of the core scanning capability, Trios 4 is essentially the same as the Trios 3, but with a bigger battery (if wireless), new scanning tips, and caries detection. During the exhibition, we were told by a sales rep that the Trios 4 is faster and more accurate than the Trios 3, but we couldn’t find anything to support that claim.
After doing some online digging and looking up relevant patents, we are convinced that the Trios 4 is a rehashed Trios 3 with more bells and whistles. Yes, the fluorescence detection was interesting and the infra-red diagnostics was pretty cool, but I would’ve like to see more improvement on the scanning latency and stability issues.
The Trios 3, the Trios 4 and the CEREC Omnicam are tied at #2 on our list. In terms of clinical efficiency, Trios 4 continues the 3Shape legacy of great scanners. As a Class B scanner, 3Shape’s biggest advantage, in my opinion, is actually not just its superb scanner, but also the sheer number of clinical indications covered by their CAD software and modules. The best part is that for €10,000 less, you can get essentially the same scanning experience with the Trios 3.
The most powerful 3Shape intraoral scanner
- Surface Caries
TRIOS 4 has built-in fluorescent technology that aids in the identification of possible caries. Using TRIOS 4, dental professionals can now be aided in the early detection of surface caries, without the need for an additional scanning device.
- Interproximal Caries
TRIOS 4 will also feature a dedicated transillumination smart tip later this year. The smart tip will aid in the identification of possible interproximal caries undetectable to the eye, without emitting radiation, and is the first launch within 3Shape’s new smart tip platform.
- Smart Tips
Instant-heat technology ensures you are scan-ready in seconds. 30% more battery life in combination with instant-heat enables you to scan 2-3 times as many patients.
- Caries Diagnostic aid built-in – NEW for TRIOS 4 – Detect surface caries with fluorescent scans and interproximal caries with infrared scan – with no radiation.
- Smart tips – be scan ready in seconds – NEW for TRIOS 4 – Instant heat smart tips so you always scan ready in less than 40 seconds, giving an additional 30% battery life and ability to scan 2/3 times as many patients per battery.
- TRIOS patient monitoring for preventive insights – NEW for TRIOS 4 – Scan every patient every time to accurately track changes in teeth and identify dental conditions sooner. Share visual monitoring information with patients to advance their understanding of issues and the need for treatment.
- AI scan technology for simplified scanning – Removes unnecessary soft tissue as you scan to make scanning easier.
- Wireless innovation for enhanced comfort and ease – the world’s first wireless scanner option enables you to scan unrestricted by wires, optimizing comfort for both you and your patients, and making scanning easier.
- Realistic colors and shade measurement for patient engagement – Create high-quality digital impressions in lifelike colors and apply shade measurement to evaluate the treatment and activate quality dialogue with patients.
- TRIOS Patient Specific Motion to perfect your restorations – Record a series of different bite positions and highlight occlusal contacts for greater insights into case possibilities.